Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm actually back.


My computer is a dinosaur, and for the longest time, I was not able to rescue photos from my camera fast enough to make craft blogging seem fun. Something was up with the software, and blahdie blah blah blah. Anyway, I got images transferred to a CD, and on it came new software for pickshas, and here we go. The first image is a (rather poor) detail of a net hat that I made for Emily. Double stranded crochet. Very fun and fast.






As you can tell, she's rather, um, camera shy. Yeah. Right. So there's going to be lots of pictures of her in this post. I wish I would've taken some better detail shots, especially since I actually did something similar to short row shaping in the back of the hat to make it more slouchy. This was a commission of Emily's design. ("Make me a net hat that's baggy." Or something similar.)

It's actually from last fall, but she wears it all the time, which makes me pretty happy.

This next thing was stolen from me, by, well, guess... here's her mug shot...




I was making i-cord, with the thought of making some kind of jewelry sort of item, when she said that she really liked it and wanted to use it as a headband. It's nice to have someone to knit and crochet for, especially when she comes up with cool ways to use things. It's not like I had an idea of what the i-cord was for anyway. I'm developing plans, but I need to make sure I don't give the pieces away before I use them!




So, let me now introduce you to Yinja. He looks quite similar to one of the cats around here, Yin. The only difference between the two kitties is that Yinja is a ninja. And he's crocheted. Again, not good with the getting of the detail pictures, but I promise to be much better at that in the future. Better than I am at updating, which I will be better at as well. I made this guy for Yin's papa, Flow. Amigurumi fascinates me, but we'll see how much I get into it. I might make some weird little creatures, but they really can be time consuming. This one is my own figuring out.

Finally, we have Silvanus, for yet another roommate, 'Chel. Yes, I have lots of roommates, and you haven't even met them all yet. My first try at stranded color work! I was rather pleased.

Still to come, I finished Em's Mon Petit Chou hipsters, they're cute on her butt, for sure! If I can capture her, I'll show pictures of the finished panties, modeled by the owner. Also, I tried my hand at overlay crochet, which I love and will be trying very hard to develop my own patterns. I still owe Lyle a tam with a brim, and I've scrapped the project a few times, but need to get him one before it gets cold. Plus, pictures of crocheted spider webs, and plans to make a ginourmous one for Halloween.

Okay. Hopefully this post (and subsequent posts on a regular basis) will make up for my disappearance.

No comments:

My photo
sometimes i like using a map, if only to see where to leave the path. sometimes i record my meanderings to remember where i've been.